Friday, February 29, 2008

My Husband's Handiwork


This is one of my husband's projects. I love it. We built it together but he did all the leaded glass windows. You can't really tell that that is what they are; I should have taken a close up of the windows. Even the cupola has leaded glass windows on every side. It gets used as a back drop for a lot of photographs at our house. This is the front.

This is the back. We also designed and he built the arch and the fence. I love it. When he was done building it, he said, "I have a name for the shed." I said, "We are naming our buildings now? He said, "We should call it the Bishop's store house." I cracked up. (He is a Bishop in our church and it is his storage shed.)

This is a work in progress but it is made out of part of my old door collection. I do love old doors. I'll try and post more pictures of uses for old doors tomorrow....oh and add in old windows too.
It will have shakes on the roof, shingles in the triangular area, and leaded/stained glass windows too. I'm so lucky to be married to such a talented and artistic man.
We love our projects and we always have lots of things in mind that we want to do. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

That is a seriously awesome Bishop's storehouse! I'll bet the pioneers would have drooled to have one so stylish LOL! I love your use of the old doors -- too clever!