Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh Cwap!


That is how Cole used to say the word we don't really use at our house (Crap). It certainly started out bad.

This is the fog we woke up to this morning. (It was worse but I took these around 9:30 when it was starting to lift.)
Here is another picture. You can see all the snow that is still hanging around and there is more due tomorrow. Anyway, it was a good thing I got up early to read scriptures and ponder on the meaning of life because as soon as the kids got up chaos began. There was fighting, fighting, and more fighting which isn't the norm because they are such great kids. However, the kids snuck the portable DVD player in their room and watched a movie instead of sleeping last night. (That was so sneaky of them. We had no clue.) Crabby was the operative word this morning. Cole had major meltdown and I do mean major. Needless to say we gave up trying to get him to school this morning. I wish I would have thought to video tape it for you. It was wild. We used to do that with you Marissa remember?
To top it off my husband yelled up the stairs that the dog had left several surprises...and not the good kind...in my living room. Yuck!!! (Too bad it is too cold to keep the dog outside.)

I took off to take Grant to school and headed over to my friend Barbara's house to sew with friends. We didn't get much sewing done but enjoyed sharing the projects we were working on. Barbara made up kits of this quilt. Simple but cute don't you think? (I have mine cut out and ready to sew.)



Here is another picture. Mary Jo is on the left and Ann is on the right. My friend Barbara is not in the picture. She has breast cancer and is undergoing chemo therapy. She is feeling weak and under the weather and has lost her hair. It put everything in perspective quickly. Instead of continuing on my crappy day theme, I started counting my blessings and looking for the positive things on such a dreary day. I'm so grateful for a warm home, an amazing husband, food on the table, wonderful children and grandchildren, health and a myriad of other blessings. And now, here I am enjoying every one elses blogs.
What are you grateful for? Are you counting your blessings?

1 comment:

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your nice comments on my tote bag. Yes, its one of favorites.

It looks like you Utah folks got loads of snow!
We have a layer of ice coating everything here in Ohio. Its pretty, but makes it difficult to get around.

I've enjoyed browsing through your blog.
I envy you being a quilter. I haven't yet developed enough patience for that type of 'long term' project.
Kimberly :)