Sunday, June 15, 2008

Life, etc.

Here are some front yard pictures. Above is the Alberta Dwarf Spruce that I trim into a spiral shape. I'm trying to keep it trimmed so that it doesn't get any bigger. I don't know why they call them Dwarf because that can get huge! The next pictures is taken of our front yard from the side. I'm trying to show you the 33 box woods they we keep trimmed into balls. Steph used to have that job. She would rather trim bushes than weed. She was quite good at it. It wasn't until she left home that we got an electric trimmer. She used to do it all by hand. I guess that is why she is such a good worker. She learned how to work hard from an early age.
A close up of the front door.
A view of the other side of the yard.
The view from the front door side walk toward the neighbors.
A close up. Aren't these pictures exciting?
The view from across the street.
An update on the living room. I added a rod and curtains (or draperies as my first interior design professor insisted on calling them...never use the word "drapes"), a new lamp, a new rug. OK the rug is too small but it is staying there until I find the right one. Have any ideas? This rug will then go into my bedroom where it is the right size. The picture is hung a little high as well. I am always trading around art work and didn't want to add new holes.
A close up of the new lamp. I love it and found it at Interior Elements. I think it was a good price too. Always a plus.
Last but not least...dinner last Sunday at my brother's house. This is his waterfall in the back corner of his lot. My nieces Danielle and Nicole goofing around.
A lot of the Carr family. There...now you are almost caught up on my life and the happenings therein. I keep thinking about my dad saying he doesn't read my blog or the kid's blogs because they are too boring. Maybe it is just a man's perspective because I like reading everyone's blogs. After posting all these pictures of the yard, he may have a point. What do you like reading about?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new furniture looks great in your living room. It's funny how in such a small time, this house is where I want to "come home" to. Thank you for making it such a haven for all of us.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Kim! What a beautiful yard! And round balls -- those are awesome. I thought I had it bad, trimming my boxwoods in hedges -- I'd never make it if I had to trim each individual ball! Yards are a lot of work, no?
Man -- I can't believe how busy you've been! It sounds like you'll have your hands full this summer. And Friday??? I'll bet you're beside yourself with excitement. I love it when I fly into SLC and see the families lined up with balloons and signs to greet their kids coming home from missions. How fun! Take lots of pictures!
Oh P.S. Boring? NOT! I love just reading anything you post -- you know... what's relevant to you! BTW, this is very early, but it looks like my NYC date will be around the 17th/18th of Sept -- that's very subject to change, but it's a hint!

Anonymous said...

Mom, Grandpa is getting a little grumpy in his old age and he never thought "girl" stuff was important anyway. So don't worry about that! I like reading your blog. And Mark's comment made me a little teary. We love you guys! I can't wait to come back!
The yard looks amazing!


Candice

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

hi kim!! love the new bedroom-color is beautiful and your front yard is great too. if you are ever in our area...our front yard is a disaster;0) and your other room seems to be coming along. i know you'll be happy to have it done.

hope all is well in ut...according to my grandma in pg, it's not too bad.

have the goodies that you rak'd me sitting on my desk-just need to print the pics.