Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wow...where does the time go?

Whew! What a relief. I had a big Twilight Premiere at Thanksgiving Point Theatre tonight. It went well and it seemed like everyone had a great time. The production company even sent 3 or 4 security guards to search bags, check in your cell phones with(no cell phones or any recording/picture taking devices.

All the women seemed to like it but my husband and son-in-law didn't like it at all. They thought they were taking an endurance test. Do guys get the whole romance thing anyway? My husband doesn't like any version of Pride and Prejudice either. He was so awesome to come and be my photographer though...that's true love.

Are you wondering where I've been? I didn't think so but I'm going to tell you anyway. I worked really hard so I could take some time off and then I went to a quilt retreat at Aspen Grove for 3 days and sewed like a wild women. I came really close to finishing four quilt tops. (Obviously they weren't to complex.) I would have finished all four but I forgot to bring extra fabric for borders. I can't even show you pictures of my projects because I think I am going to use them for Christmas presents and I don't want to spoil any surprises. I'm going for the homemade Christmas this year. Good thing I have a good stash of fabric to make things with.

Anyway, after the quilt retreat I was off to Hawaii for a week with my sister and parents. I will be able to show pictures of that when I get around to it. I got back Sunday and had to hit the road running to catch up with work and pull of this movie premiere. Life is busy but good. I feel blessed........and waaay behind. I should show you a picture of my dining room. All my Halloween decorations are still piled high on the table. I'm hoping to get them put away tomorrow but it looks like my day is already pretty full.

Can you believe Christmas is 34 days away. How is that possible? Does anyone have any great gift ideas? I've read some good tutorials out there for those glass magnet thingys and necklace pendants made from scrabble ties. I should have saved the links for you. Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

My Life as a Dog said...

Twilight from a guy's perspective:
Since I typically like chick-lit I read Twilight after hearing all the hype. But Belle was just so annoying. I think had she been a more interesting and a likable character, I would have had more of a desire to see the movie. But she thinks that she's better than all the humans including her family. She thinks only of her own selfish desires. Hard to be much of a love story with the main character being like that. I think women read it and completely overlook Belle. They are just too in love with Edward, who is a vampire! It's the classic bad boy love and women think that they can mold the vampire to be something he isn't. There's my 2 cents. :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
How fun that you got away for two fun trips. I still need to post about our trip last week as well.
I, too, posted about Twilight today. Both my daughters went. : )
And as far as ideas for Christmas gifts go, there is a link on my Site where everyone participated in idea sharing. The post is titled, "I Can Make That,Party". The link is at the bottom of that. Can't wait to see those quilts!!!
M.L.

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! You're back!!! I thought of you at lunch today when I saw the magazine with Candace's cute studio -- it occurred to me that perhaps that Hawaiian vacation was taking a bit longer than normal LOL.

I'm totally clueless about the whole Twilight thingy and with the holidays, I'm too busy to even think about it!

Tamara Jansen said...

Hawaii sounds like heaven right now.....gotta ship all the poinsettias before we go off on a holiday :)

Lisa Pogue said...

I've wondered where you have been. Hawaii sounds fabulous in this dreary Missouri weather!! I went to see Twilight on Friday night with the gal who convinced me to read the book(s) (which I loved by the way). But I too, like Doggie B. here didn't like Bella. I almost burned the third book I was so sick of her. The 4th made up for it. I just didn't get the chemistry with her and Edward in the movie. He was a HOTTIE though!!!!