Sunday, February 1, 2009

More Quilts

I just finished this quilt this week. I bought one of those "made in Taiwan" quilts and changed the binding and added the yoyo's and rick rack. There are about 272 yo yo's on it. I used one of those new yo yo makers. If you haven't tried one, it's the way to go. I think they are made by Clover. You can get them at almost any fabric store.
A close up of the corner.
I made two of these Nancy Halvorson Shepherd and sheep quilts. One for my sister-in-law, Leslie and one for Marissa. Marissa decided she would rather have a different quilt so now my sister Cheryl will get this one next year. It looks small in this picture but it is really close to lap quilt size.
Here is one I made years ago. Good thing tastes change.
Here is a quilt I designed. It is english paper pieced with stip piecing on the edge. This is what I am doing all around the king size log cabin quilt.
This one is Candice's. She fell in love with these fabrics. I love black, white, and red. In fact, my studio is black, white, and red. I just love being in there. But, in this quilt, the yellow really pulls it all together. BTW my quilts really are square. I just didn't lay them out very carefully and the camera distorts them as well. (That black dot in the corner of the little rick rack is a button...my signature.

I made a Christmas quilt I really likes that Steph really wanted. It's now at her house and I didn't take a picture before giving it to her for Christmas.

So, this is the year of the finish up projects before starting new ones. I've done pretty well so far. I'm trying to clean things out and get rid of things I don't love enough to finish. I think I have a short attention span though. It is so hard to finish projects some times.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Kim. I LOVE that first quilt. You've been BUSY!!!

wandering nana said...

I love the quilt. I especially love the colors and the rickrack. Where do you find it that big?

Dani said...

Um, at least you start projects. I don't do anything like this. Recipes are about the scope of projects I can handle. :)