Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Birthday

This is the group at the Bombay House restaurant. Larry was chasing Creed while we ate. That is why he is still eating. The hubby is taking the picture. It is the only picture I got of the big event since I couldn't take flash pictures of the concert. Steph took pictures though so I'll have to lift some from her when she blogs them.

My birthday celebration has spread out a little. I worked on Friday for a while and then treated myself to a pedicure. I love those. My husband was nice enough to give me a gift certificate for two more and Eli purchased a gift certificate for a half hour message. Nice.

Friday night my husband took me out to dinner at a new place called The Penny Royal Cafe. It was interesting to say the least. While we were there we saw a poster for a band that was going to play there Sat. night. Adam and Darcie. Darcie was one of my young women so we decided we needed to come back on Sat. night.

Saturday afternoon Steph, Larry, and Creed came down. We went to a friends get together to celebrate her leaving on her mission to Japan this week. We saw friends from Hawaii there that we hadn't seen for a long time so it was really fun. Darcie with there too so we got a few more details about her upcoming concert.

Steph and I ran up to Shade to see what was on sale. I bought a cute little jacket for $7 and found 4 maternity shirts for Marissa for $5 a piece. Steph found a few bargains too. I even wore my jacket today. I don't know what my husband thinks, but Steph and I really liked it.

We went to the Bombay House for great Indian food for dinner. Eli and Brenna came with us along with Steph, Larry, and Creed. We then went to the concert. It was very fun. So, that was the big celebration.

Steph, Larry, Brett, and Eli said they would paint the room of my choice next weekend and my husband said that he would finally finish resurfacing our kitchen bar area while I'm off babysitting next week as a part of my birthday present. Now I need to decide what room to paint and what color to choose before next weekend.

So, I know you are dying to find out if I had cake for my birthday. Nope, I resisted. I had fruit instead. I hope it pays off for me.

7 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Happy Birthday! You are so strong not to have cake on your birthday! Good luck with your home projects.

Jen

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday Kim! It sounds like you had a great weekend, although I must send condolences on the cake LOL!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kim!!!
I hope you had a good one. You deserve it!!!

Ali

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

Happy birthday. I love the Bombay House. Probably my favorite restaurant of all times.

Dani said...

What a great birthday. And you are so good to not have cake...I just stuck a piece of See's chocolate in my mouth...maybe that was wrong of me. :) Just kidding...I'm sure it's fine.

jaY said...

happy birthday aunty kim...are we the friends from Hawaii??? hmmmm it was nice seeing you guys even if we weren't the ones you were talking about! hahaha

kristen said...

Happy Birthday Sis! Good job on the cake! That is commitment! Love YOU!