Sunday, November 15, 2009

Aspen Grove Retreat

I downloaded these pictures from our retreat but forgot to post them. The cherry quilt is being quilted on a regular machine. Helen is a great quilter and was demonstrating for us how she quilts her own quilts. She is a master quilter all the way around. The next quilt is a top she is just finishing. Yes, it's all hand appliqued including the borders.
A cute Christmas quilt with this year's Christmas fabrics.
This was a quilt top made out of quilt squares she won last year.

This last one made with Mary Engelbreit fabric. I've got the pieces cut out but have yet to sew one block.
This is just a small sampling of some of the quilts that were shared at this year's retreat. I can't tell you how much I look forward to spending 4 days a year quilting in a beautiful setting. It's heavenly!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I don't sew, but I do love quilts. I have several that were made by our grandmothers and great-grandmothers. I treasure them.

Sue

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! They're beautiful Kim. You have some very talented quilters in your retreat group!