Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We Have A New Baby

Here is Creed meeting his new little brother for the first time. He wasn't quite sure what to think.

He thinks the baby's name should be "Yellow." Well, it is his favorite color.
Here he is...Oliver is his name and he weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces. Born around 4:21 pm Tuesday, March 23rd.

Look at all that hair. I even got to hold this new little bundle for quite awhile. I loved it. I'm ready for some more of that.
Creed asked me how that baby got out of mommy's tummy. I told him to ask his dad. After I said that, he told me the answer so I could tell his dad had already discussed it.

Creed always asks me, "Grammie do you have a baby in your tummy?" When I say no, he asks, then can I jump on you? Oh good, I think...he's not asking because I look like I could be pregnant, he just wants to rough house.

So, one of the first things he asked Steph was "Mommy, now that the baby is out, can I jump on you?"

Creed and I are having fun together playing cars, watching cartoons, chasing each other, and cooking together. This afternoon we spent hours at Chucky Cheese's. It was the first time he'd ever gone and he loved it. He even brought home prizes which he loved playing with all evening. He has been so good and so snugly that I am eating it up.

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Kim!!! That first picture brought tears to my eyes before I even started reading because I knew what it meant! So very exciting -- I'm so happy for your little family. Love your conversations with Creed -- what a little cutie. And now another one -- LOVE LOVE his new name!!!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

What a beautiful new blessing for your family. I love his name. I am positive Creed will be such a wonderful big brother.

Enjoy!

Sissy

My Life as a Dog said...

Congrats Grandma! :) You have cute grandkids. (FYI, I think you meant February 23rd instead of March 23rd.)

kristen said...

I am so happy for you all! Lovely pictures and I love his name! What a great family I have. I wish we were closer so I could hold him too. I need a baby fix. Mine is getting too big and work has been too busy to be able to just hold thoses special new ones!

Laurel said...

WOW!!! I'm sure I should have realized i was already baby time, alas, I did not. He is amazing and Stephanie looks so happy and beautiful! Congratulation to all of you!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

This is absolutely precious! I love Creed's name. I thought "Yellow" was a very new millennium choice, but "Oliver" is charming.

Such a beautiful little family!!!

Sue said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness...these photos are precious. And I loved that you shared all of Creed's funny little comments.
Congratulations to Oliver's mommy, daddy and big brother. I'm so glad all went well with his birth.
M.L.