Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Candice's Halloween Mantel

I was in Texas last week working on Candice's master bedroom this time. Here is her family room that we decorated a year ago. It is mostly back together after suffering a lot of damage due to a tornado that hit last June. (That's an original bus sign from England. Isn't it great.) She still has a few frames to fill.
Here is her mantel.
This is an example of using things that can be changed up to look totally different next year or even used for a different season. We purchased candle sticks, candles, apothecary jars, a small cake stand, and little pumpkins. Most of these were 40% off at Hobby Lobby. (I wish I had one of those close to my house.)
To add height, I put one of the candle sticks on a pile of books. I turned them with the pages out because they were blue and didn't fit my orange and black theme. Candice already had the spiders, garland (her original design), moss, apothecary bowl, and black garland .






A cloche on a short stack of books with small pumpkin gourd and rubber mice.
Two Halloween masked that Candice had from an old photo shoot.
Crows on tickets rolls. We use these a lot too. They are very inexpensive from Zurchers...a party store. Happy Decorating! I would love to see yours. Send me a link please.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Love LOVE it Kim! That bus sign is awesome -- was that a Round Top purchase? You guys are amazing!

My Life as a Dog said...

Hey Kim, we have a Hobby Lobby in Orem now where Circuit City used to be. Maybe they are not open yet but I saw their sign up when I was driving by a few days ago.

Okie Chic said...

Sooo cute and it does kinda look like mine. Great Job.