Sunday, October 24, 2010

Harry Potter Halloween Invitation

Here is this years Halloween invitation. I wasn't inspired by this. Someone should give them a few better designs. I think they would have sold more of these because I thought it was a great item for an impressive invitation with just a little work.
Here I begin the painting process.
It started out with a plane box like this.


I painted them solid black.
Then I dry brushed with gray paint.
I printed out invitations, with the help of Stephanie's talents, and stuck them inside the box.
I purchased a few other items from Michaels as well as these tombstones that were on sale for half off.
I used the glitter glue to paint the bats and added the mouse inside. I glued the moss to the front of the door and on top of the lid making sure it could still open.

The finished project! The party was a blast.
We had so much fun! Unfortunately, I was so busy being the hostess that I didn't have time to take many pictures. We did take our traditional couple pictures so I'll steal those from my husband when he is done working his magic.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Very cool Kim -- you took something drab and made it wonderful. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great, but where to get those boxes, or even many small square ones?